Donations help keep this page published

Donations help keep this blog going. Thank You!

Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, November 9, 2012

How Much to Enhance? (More Artesia Balloons)

We talked earlier about image enhancement and it related to using filters in times past. 

In the following pics (of the Artesia Balloon & Bluegrass Festival), I chose to enhance just enough to make the balloons stand out. What did I do? I intensified the warm colors and sky blue. Besides intensifying them, I adjusted exposure values for specific colors. For instance, I darkened blues and greens while brightening reds and yellows.

Keeping the percentages used for each enhancement very low (5 to 8% range), I was able to makes the balloons stand out without making the entire photo look unreal.

Plus, it was fun watching the balloons in Artesia, NM that early Sunday morning.






1 comment: