Donations help keep this page published

Donations help keep this blog going. Thank You!

Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A refurb Nikon P&S deal we got

 

For the online business (our blogs, webpages, social media, etc...) I bought a replacement camera for the one we've been using for a couple of years. You may recall that we got our current little P&S Olympus at Staples for no out of pocket, using rewards and rebates from purchases we were making anyways. That was a good deal.

Our new deal comes from Adorama. We decided on the Nikon CoolPix S30 (refurbished). One of the nicest parts of this deal is the warranty extension I got as a VIP customer (see last post). Instead of the regular 90 day refurb warranty, I have a full year and 90 days. 

The camera is nice, too. It's a 10.1MP sensor, which is way more than enough for a point and shoot. I generally set my P&S to 6 to 8MP, just to have more storage capacity on the card. For online use, we don't even need that much.

The camera is waterproof to 3 meters and shockproof from a 1 meter fall. That's a really nice feature, since dropping a small camera can often mean no more pics at all.

Shop around their site, lots of good deals.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get it!!! Thank you Steve for the awesome shopping to get such a great deal!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your feedback on buying refubs from Adorama, Steve. I have 3 refurbs myself, and would never buy new again if a refurb is available - from a reputable retailer.....

    Glad you are happy with the new Adorama VIP programme; I've copied your comments over the Adorama management team, and of course, to my colleague Ahron, who made the idea happen!

    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Helen.

    I used to buy used equip from Adorama back in my film days, so I was happy to be able to highlight you guys as an affiliate now that I'm all digital. The VIP extended warranty option you offered is an exceptional deal, I hope my readers see what a good thing that is.

    I've purchased mostly Nikon refurbs (from several dealers), and with that warranty offer, I'll be shopping soon (at Adorama, of course) for a newer DSLR to replace my current one.

    -Steve-

    ReplyDelete