Donations help keep this page published

Donations help keep this blog going. Thank You!

Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, March 8, 2014

My impression of Sony A7 series

The Sony A7 and A7r have been well reported on on many photography sites. Full frame mirrorless high pixel count digital pro cameras. So, you already know how fantastic they are.



I'm going to give my impression of using them.

First off, if I'm going to upgrade and possibly change over a whole system, I would probably opt for the higher end of the two, the 36MP version. Doing so, however, can likely also mean a computer upgrade. At the very least, you'll need a lot more storage than you already have.

As for lenses, with the mirrorless body, Sony can make an adapter for almost any lens line they want. That is quite a feature. There are some amazing lenses out there on the used market. Getting to use many of those is a very nice benefit.

Size and shape of the camera threw me off a bit at first. It just looks funny, ya know? But, pick one up and use it! I was very surprised by how light weight the cameras are. Much light than the APC-C format DSLRs I'm currently using. The EVF (electronic view finder) was just like looking through a regular SLR. I could see no evidence of any time lag, video effects, or anything distracting. Control layout and menu choices were very easy to get used to.

I only got to use them for a little while, but I was really impressed. For the price of these, and the capabilities they have, I could easily see myself switching to this system. Read all the technical reviews, tho. There are some issues, tho to me they seem minor.

Pick one up and check it out. I think you'll be impressed, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment