Donations help keep this page published

Donations help keep this blog going. Thank You!

Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Make Money with your Camera, Part III

I've posted a couple of times with some ideas and guidelines for making money with your camera. 

I'm now going to review a site I've been using that has been good for my business:


How does ThumbTack work?

It's free to sign up, whether looking for work or looking to hire. People post asking for bids for jobs in your area. You can set up your account with what you consider your local area. Also, choose what types of jobs you want to bid on.

You then purchase credits to use when bidding.  Credits are reasonably priced and most jobs only require 2 to 4 credits to bid.

Since people are definitely looking to hire someone for a specific job, there isn't much time wasted for you or them. Set up a good profile page and be very specific in your details of the bid. Just like you would for an in-person bid.

What I like about this is it opens up for people for other areas to ask for bids in my local area. For instance, a national service for grant writing needed photos of a business in my area. They posted for my area, I responded, got a nice fee for an easy afternoon's work. Another example, a realty firm in the state bordering mine has a property they represent in my area. (The client owns properties in several states.) They needed a realty photographer to update their files. Instead of sending one of their regulars for an out of state job, they posted, I responded, another nice invoice for me.

A huge plus for me is the time and expense involved in bidding. Consider, if I were to drive to a location, inspect it, and submit a bid, I have already invested my time, gas, postage, etc... Buying credits to bid online is actually far less expensive when you add that all up.

It can be for different types of photography. I've seen requests for portraits, newborn, events, weddings, and modeling. Also, commercial photography including products and properties.

Hope this encourages you to keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment